Skip to content
April 13, 2011 / thegirlwhotooktheleap

Reporting your Marriage to the Philippine Consulate

Okay, I’m sure a lot of people are unaware of this step. To be honest, I don’t even want to do it. It just seems like extra hassle but in reality, doing this can and will save you from trouble later on. If you ever plan to retain dual citizenship or change your Philippine passport to your married name then this step is needed, and reporting it within 30 days of marriage is one of the suggested requirements. Don’t fret if 30 days has gone by and you didn’t do it though, because there are ways to remedy it.

First of all, check your country and state.. In my case, the Philippine Consulate that I am closest to is the NY one.. This is the website of the Consulate General of the Philippines-New York where I got all my info from.

Here are the requirements to report marriage:

1. 4 original Report of Marriage forms signed by husband and wife. (If you are applying by mail like me, then each copy must be notarized. If you are personally going to bring it to the consulate, then you don’t need to notarize it, unless only one party is present-then the signature of the absent spouse must be notarized. Hope that makes sense.)

2. Four identical passport-size colored photographs for each of the spouses in white or royal blue background taken within the last six months.

3. One original and four photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Record showing the number of marriages contracted by the parties and issued by the Office of the Vital Records or any other appropriate office of the State where the marriage took place. If the number of contracted marriages do not show, one certified copy and two regular copies of the marriage license showing the number of marriage must be additionally submitted. (Copied this directly from the website-I am just giving a copy of my marriage certificate.. they took my marriage license in VT when we got the certificate so I don’t have it anymore, it’s kind of combined to my certificate) 

*edit* Since my marriage license and certificate does not indicate number of marriages contracted, I was informed that I needed (4) notarized copies of a sworn statement that Tim and I have never been previously married, divorced,married or annulled. 

4. One original/certified true copy and four photocopies of currently valid passport or State-issued driver license of the contracting parties. (Not sure what a certified true copy of a passport means… maybe it should be notarized?)

5. Payment of non-refundable processing fee of US$25.00 (if applying by mail, only money order, certified or cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General New York; personal check is not accepted)

The rest of the requirements don’t apply to me, but it may apply to you so keep reading

– If the former spouse is deceased, one (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the death certificate and the marriage certificate with the deceased spouse

-If divorced by foreign spouse, one (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the divorce decree or final order of divorce. In cases of marriages annulled in the Philippines, submit the prior marriage contract issued by the National Statistics Office with the Civil Registrar’s annotation on the dissolution/annulment of the marriage

If application for report is filed more than 30 days after the date of marriage, an original and four (4) photocopies of the Notarized Affidavit of Explanation for delayed registration by the applicants

Where to send?

By mail or courier service. The application must still be duly signed by both spouses and also notarized. A self-addressed prepaid Express Mail envelope of the United States Postal Service must be included. Do not use metered stamps or P.O. Box return address.

Of course, you can also personally hand it in at the consulate, but its like a 3-hour drive for us, so I’d rather not do that.

We plan to do this next week so I’ll let you know how it goes… 🙂

PS. Please check the website as well if you have further questions.. A lot of people have asked me about the 30-day limit, and I am only repeating what is stated on the website. 🙂 You can get stuff notarized for free at your bank or city hall. 🙂



I wrote this post 3 years ago. Things may have changed since, plus I am NOT AN EXPERT on this topic. I am just sharing what I did, and at that time it went okay, and it took about 3 weeks or so. I cannot answer complicated questions, nor do I represent the PCGNY, so please ask them directly if you have questions that pertain to things like divorce, etc. I am not knowledgeable on those topics. Thank you 🙂




Leave a Comment
  1. tahnee / Apr 13 2011 8:35 pm

    your blog helps alot,thank you 🙂

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Apr 13 2011 9:12 pm

      aww thanks! im just writing this as i go along and experience it.. i hope that by documenting it it will help others.

  2. Tina Conrad / Jul 10 2011 10:41 am

    Hello, may I know what happened to your Report of Marriage? I’m starting to process my paperwork but my husband is kind of irritated with the documents they are requiring.. Like certified copy of passport, its kind of ridiculous and our marriage certificate doesn’t indicate how many times we have been married also, I know I should not feel this way but its kind of irritating that they are making this kind of difficult, like 4 copies of almost everything WITH original copies that are very essential for us to send, I know they could send it back but still, its important, grrrr!

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Jul 10 2011 6:32 pm

      Hehe, I can totally relate!! I really hated doing this part too, not to mention I had to pay $5 for each document to be notarized coz our bank wouldn’t do it for free! ughhh!! well now it’s okay so all I need to do is amend my passport, I’ll work on that soon.. don’t worry they will send you back your original marriage cert.. if your marriage cert is like mine, they will most likely ask you to write a sworn statement that this is both your first marriages..

  3. Tina Conrad / Jul 10 2011 8:08 pm

    5$ each?? Wow, that is so messed up! Anyway, I have read in your updates section that they didn’t approve your marriage certificate so you emailed them about it, is there something that you had to do in order for them to approve it? Thank you so much for replying!

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Jul 10 2011 8:41 pm

      We submitted a notarized sworn statement stating that this was our first marriage 🙂

      • Karen / Mar 4 2014 6:26 pm

        Hi there. I was wondering if you just wrote up your own statement about not being previously married then had it notarized or where did you get the statement from? I want to make sure it is ok before I submit it. Thank you.

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Mar 5 2014 8:18 am

        I just made it up. Wrote something like “this is to certify that timothy kramer and stephanie kramer’s marriage last 4/2/11 was the first marriage for both parties involved.” and then we both signed it and had it notarized

  4. Tina Conrad / Jul 10 2011 8:34 pm

    And also, what did you do about the certified true copy of valid passport they are requiring? I don’t wanna send my original passport.

  5. Tina Conrad / Jul 11 2011 11:54 pm

    Hello, I have one more question regarding this… I’m so sorry if ever I am disturbing you too much already but anyway, I was checking the Form of Report of Marriage and it said all photocopies should be notarized but it said on their website that only 4 photocopies (didn’t mention about notarizing) will be submitted. What did you do? Did you have your photocopies all notarized or just submitted the copies without notarization? Thank you so much, you’re much of a big help to me!

  6. Tina Conrad / Jul 29 2011 4:54 pm

    Sarap murahin yung Embassy, ang hirap na nilang kontakin, ang rurude pa ng mga tao, kaya ganyan Pilipinas eh, mababait sila sa mga Amerikano pero sa kapwa nila Pinoy, ang sasama ng ugali nila, grrrr!!

  7. allanah&justin's mom / Oct 3 2011 12:36 am

    hi, I read your earlier blog about reporting your marriage-  you’re heaven sent after I’ve been fruitlessly searching for anything/anyone about the 1.77×1.37 photo requirement.   so where did you have your photos taken?  we asked a couple of places already and apparently this is not a common request 😦 we pinoys do love a long and winding bureaucratic process, huh, not to mention wasting so many trees with all the copies they are asking!

  8. Sharon / Nov 11 2011 8:59 pm

    Hi. Do you by any chance where I can get a template for the Affidavit of Explanation for delayed registration? I didn’t know I even had to submit a Report of Marriage. The template they have in the website is for explanation of delayed Registration of Birth. Thanks!

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Dec 28 2011 2:31 pm

      Hey, a simple note would do. Even if it’s just handwritten with an explanation. As long as its notarized, that’s what matters 🙂

  9. Cora / Jan 12 2012 11:52 am

    Hi Steph just read your message here about reporting marriage and was about to send mine too even am late..My problem now is about the photos as got photos from walgreen and the standard size 2×2 is what I got like yours…as I am trying to paste the photo looks like it will not fit the two photos of my husband and me.. what did you do? did you able to cut it or just leave it overlapping each other? thanks in advance for the answer was about to send mine tomorrow.. just this one get me confused.. have a good day and God bless

  10. Cora / Jan 12 2012 5:08 pm

    Thank you steph for the quick reply..

  11. Cora / Jan 12 2012 5:12 pm

    Your blog here helps a lot for us since from the adjustment of status.. God bless you always..

  12. Donna / May 24 2012 4:44 pm

    I have a question, do you think is it still possible to have a copy of the marriage license from the Office of the Vital Records where I got married? though I already have my marriage certificate from NSO. Thanks in advance

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Jul 1 2012 6:26 pm

      Why would you still need the license when you already have your certificate?? That’s all you need.. 🙂

  13. Grace / Jun 17 2012 6:40 am

    Hi ive been married almost 9 months already with my us citzen husband and i just found out that i have to report our marriage to phlippine consulate my question is i am questionable about not to report it emmidiately?

  14. Maria / Jul 19 2012 2:40 pm

    Hi Steph! I don’t know of you’ll remember me but were friends in visajourney and asked you about medical thing on aos before. 🙂 Anyway, I am planning to change my passport in my married name, although the expiration is 2014. So would you suggest to do these report of marriage first then changing name in philippine passport ? I want to have a dual citizenship in the future and also want to go outside the country but don’t know if airport will accept my passport having my maiden name. (I belive when I come back here they’ll look for my GC which is my married name. Or should I wait my citizenship. I really have no idea on what to do. Thanks.

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Aug 10 2012 1:00 pm

      Hey! I would just do the ROM, then when your passport is expiring, apply for a new one in your new name.. They will accept your passport in your maiden name for now 🙂

      • Maria / Aug 24 2012 6:38 pm

        Thanks a lot! And once again, If I’m gonna have vacation in the Philippines (before 2014 passport expiration) I can use my maiden name passport in airline ticket and going back in US is just to show my GC which is married name, no problem with that? 🙂

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Aug 24 2012 7:05 pm

        I think so! I would bring a marriage cert too just in case

      • Maria / Aug 24 2012 6:43 pm

        Or after ROM do the amendment thing? Or just wait to expire for a new name? Thank you 🙂

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Aug 24 2012 9:20 pm

        Its really up to you! Its more of a hassle, but amendment is the ideal step. but its easier to just wait I guess 🙂

  15. kenleyjones / Jul 23 2012 4:28 pm

    About the Affidavit of delayed reporting of marriage. I just now got off the phone with the NYC Philippine Consulate and they stated that they did not need the affidavit. I made her repeat herself 3 times to make sure that I heard right. I think I will get one anyway to be on the safe side.

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Aug 10 2012 12:59 pm

      Yeah that sounds right. I think it would silly to have one done, but I reported within 30 days so I never got to ask 🙂

  16. lagi / Aug 26 2012 11:18 am

    Hi thanks for taking the time of offering your advices. I cannot find the mailing address on where to send the Report of Marriage. Do you have the mailing address for the Philippine NY Consulate. Thanks!

  17. Maria / Aug 30 2012 11:20 am

    Did you send your original passport?
    How long did it take for the process?
    What courier did you use?
    Thank you so much and God bless 🙂

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Aug 31 2012 6:13 pm

      Yes I did!
      It took about 3 weeks.
      I used USPS express mail, and thats the return envelope I got too

      • Maria / Sep 9 2012 9:45 pm

        In photocopy of original passport, does all important pages included?
        I have 5 pages copy of just the passport so I need 4 sets of that?
        If so, notarized each pages or just a set is fine?
        That would be like 4 sets of notarized passport?

        Thanks a lot 🙂

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Sep 13 2012 8:26 pm

        I am a little confused by your question lol. I think I just photocopied the main page, and yes I had it notarized.

      • Maria / Sep 9 2012 9:53 pm

        Or just 4 photocopies of biographic page of each spouse?
        It would be 4 notarized photocopy of passport?

  18. Maria / Sep 19 2012 4:53 pm

    Thank you Steph for everything! I filed it sept. 11, was delivered the next day and I got the ROM packet today! Pretty much quick! The process only took 5 business days! Next is amendment. Congratulations on your pregnancy! 🙂

  19. maryann fernandez / Oct 5 2012 8:27 pm

    What kind of papers i have to submit in Philippine embassy, i need to report my divorce, to get singleness.

    • maryann fernandez / Oct 5 2012 8:29 pm

      I need response soon.

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 6 2012 8:38 am

      Unfortunately, I know nothing about divorce 😦 Sorry!

  20. AIRA ROSE DELANTE / Oct 8 2012 10:42 pm

    hello step,seems that your advice is really good,,,well i was married in Belgium,im not sure if its the same process but i will do the online application soon,if its possible,,and thanks for this site,but i just want to know something,if we will report our marriage in the Philippine embassy that means our marriage in a foreign country will be legal or credited also in the Philippines right??does this means also that we can get a copy of our marriage certificate in the NSO ?

    thanks in advance and god bless

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 10 2012 7:24 am

      Yup[! NSO will be notified and should have a copy of your MC if you report it to your embassy.. congrats!

      • AIRA ROSE DELANTE / Oct 11 2012 1:09 am

        okey,, so if we report it to the Philippine embassy?will we have a copy directly or will they give us a MC in Philippine version?

        thanks so much

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 13 2012 6:48 pm

        you wont have a copy in philippine version.. i didnt get anything.. you just report it thats all!

  21. Jhaye / Oct 13 2012 3:04 pm

    Hi there i have a couple of questions Regarding the Report of Marriage Form
    1. My husband works overseas in Kuwait should i put his address over there or Our address here in US in Husband Information?

    2.Information on Wife. it said Maiden Name (last name,first name,mother’s maiden surname)
    When i was single this is my complete name Jonalyn Calcita Moscosa
    My first name is Jonalyn, my mother’s lastname is Calcita and my Father’s last name is Moscosa .
    Now that i am married I been using Jonalyn Moscosa Duncan (Duncan is my husband’s last name)
    I am a little bit confused here. What should i put?

    3.Information on Marriage : Name and add of Witness 1 and 2. It means people who witness when i got married and their address?

    4.I was gonna send the form and everything thru mail but is it really safe to send the Original copies?
    Also does he need to notarized the form in Kuwait or I have to do it here in US?

    5. Do you know their mailing address? I live here in Texas .Did you used or send a money order?

    I hope to receive a response from you. Thankyou very much…

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 13 2012 6:50 pm

      1. i think your US address?
      2. put your name before marriage..
      3. thats what i put. the witness in our wedding
      4. i sent original copies.. but did certified express mail

      • Jhaye / Oct 26 2012 11:54 am

        Ok . Thanks for the reply.. Ok i have some more questions sorry.. My husband’s first name is Lorean and second name is DeWayne but they were only asking for first name , do i have to put his second name too? it should be like this Duncan ( last name) Lorean (first name) DeWayne second name Trammell (his mom maiden name) .

        Address and Telephone no.? Really i have to put my phone number?

        4 copies of ROM for each of us? (me and my hubs) or just total of 4 copies for both of us?

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 27 2012 3:11 pm

        I would just put his complete name.. with the 1st and 2nd name because thats how we do it in the Philippines. I included my address and phone number, but it wasn’t a big deal for me. I don’t know the effect if you to don’t write it down. Up to you! I think I did 4 copies total? I honestly can’t remember, sorry 😦

  22. shetraces / Oct 13 2012 7:17 pm

    Now I get the Philippines part! 🙂

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 13 2012 7:48 pm

      Haha! Yeah Im an immigrant just like you, it seems! 🙂

  23. shetraces / Oct 13 2012 7:18 pm

    But I was a little confused because I thought school was here… :/

  24. maryann fernandez / Oct 13 2012 7:27 pm

    How to report my divorce in Philippine embassy, what papers to submit?

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Oct 13 2012 7:49 pm

      Sorry, I am not familiar with reporting a divorce.. Sorry!

  25. Jorge / Nov 6 2012 8:27 pm

    Hi Steph,

    First let me say your site is so very helpful! I’m helping my wife submit her ROM and was wondering, do you still have a the template that you used for your sworn affidavit of “never been previously married, divorced,married or annulled?” Also, how long did this whole process take? My wife is thinking of going back to the Philippines in February and I read on the NYC Consulate website that it takes 8-10 weeks??? IS this correct??? Thanks in advance!

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Nov 6 2012 8:46 pm

      It took less than a month for me.. unless things have changed I don’t see why it should take that long! You are not getting a new passport, just a stamp on the old one!

      • Jorge / Nov 6 2012 9:08 pm

        Cool, thanks for the quick reply. Also, is it possible to send me a template of the sworn affidavit of “never been previously married, divorced,married or annulled” to

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Nov 6 2012 9:45 pm

        I’m sorry I don’t think I kept it.

        I think we just wrote something like

        This is to certify that both Timothy Kramer and Stephanie Afzelius-Kramer both swear that this is our first marriage and we have both never been previously married. Therefore, we have never been divorced or annulled as well.

        Then we signed and dated it and they notarized it. It was that simple!! lol 🙂

      • Jorge / Nov 6 2012 9:47 pm

        No worries, thanks for your replies, you’ve been very helpful!

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Nov 6 2012 9:48 pm

        No problem, goodluck!!

  26. kyl / Nov 16 2012 10:29 am


    I’d just like to ask something about what you’ve mentioned ” If you ever plan to retain dual citizenship or change your Philippine passport to your married name then this step is needed”.. Does this mean that if I’d renew my passport but would opt to retain my maiden name, I don’t have to submit a Report of Marriage? We’re in a rush now and we just find this a hassle.

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Nov 16 2012 12:27 pm

      You can’t renew your passport without doing Report of Marriage.. changing names or keeping your maiden name has nothing to do with it. 🙂

      • kyl / Nov 19 2012 4:54 am

        I’ve just found out that we can renew our passport even without filing a Report of Marriage but the surname has to be the maiden name. Report of Marriage is only a requirement if you wish to assume your husband’s surname on the passport.

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Nov 19 2012 6:37 am

        Thats good to know! I changed my name though. But good for others 🙂

      • kris / Apr 1 2013 2:57 pm

        Hello Kyl,
        I think we have the same issue and right now I am about to renew my passport . Can you please tell me what you did and what were the requirements for those who are renewing their passport divorced and using their maiden name and the supporting ID GC/DL is the Ex husbands last name? Did you state in the form you are single?

        Hope to hear from you. thanks

  27. Chie / Nov 20 2012 11:18 am

    Hi. want to know if I have to make 4 copies of sworn statement (and other docs) and have each one notarized or is just one notarized sworn statement enough and will just make 4 photocopies. Just to save money.

    if i’m sending the original passport, do i need to send notarized copy of the main page also?


    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Nov 20 2012 9:20 pm

      I think one original and 4 photocopies is what we did 🙂 Im not sure about your second question… I would just do it maybe?

      • justine / Dec 12 2012 8:26 pm

        i keep searching the site to give me a solution for my problem about the registration of marriage certificat/licinse. i end up your site and hopefully you can advice me what to do.i didnt know that i have to register our marriage contract to the Philippine Consulate in LA.I was in the states for 3yrs,now we are in the philippines for 2 yrs and not planning to go back.pls.tell me what will i do.thank.

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Dec 12 2012 9:59 pm

        Hmmm sorry I don’t really know the answer to that. As far as I know you need to register where you got married. Try to contact the NSO to see if you can do it there

  28. Sylvette / Dec 18 2012 1:33 am

    My husband and I eloped and got married in Mauritius on November 23, 2012 and sent our requirements via DHL to the Philippine Embassy in Kenya where Mauritius is under. They have confirmed that they received our documents yesterday. I didn’t send them a notarized application form.

    These are the requirements that I sent:
    1. Accomplished application form in five (5) copies. Please try to avoid erasures;
    2. Five (5) copies of the marriage contract with seal of the local authorities of venue of marriage and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the country where the marriage was solemnized;
    3. Five (5) photocopies of the valid passports of the husband and wife;
    4. Five (5) original photos of the husband and wife;
    5. Report of Marriage fee is US$25.00 payable in cash. If paying by bank draft, a bank charge of US$60.00 (fixed Kenyan Banking charge) is added to the fee (US$85.00/report of marriage). We do not accept personal cheques, debit/credit cards for payment. The Bank Draft should be payable to the “Philippine Embassy, Nairobi”.
    6. If application is sent by a courier, please enclose a prepaid return airway bill.

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Dec 18 2012 10:04 am

      That’s awesome! Thanks for the info! I don’t really know much about reporting marriage when you get married from another country. Good luck with everything!

  29. jhez / Jan 19 2013 4:33 am

    hi i have a question after u applied report of marriage are they gonna send u back a certificate or something that proof u report ur marriage cause i saw on site if applying renewal passport and changing the last name due to marriage they need a original of report of marriage?.hope i hear something from u asap thank u

  30. Ann / Jan 22 2013 5:31 pm

    hi steph, did you renew your passport because it will expire soon or you just want to renew it anyway? my passport will expire 2015, do you think i should still do this now or later?

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Jan 22 2013 9:28 pm

      I didn’t renew my passport. I just had my passport amended.

      • Ann / Jan 23 2013 5:16 pm

        oh ok. Thanks girl!

      • jheza / Jan 25 2013 12:56 am

        Thank u 🙂 and one more question can i apply my amendment and renewal passport in the same time? And how long it takes to get renew ur passport?

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Jan 25 2013 2:45 am

        You just renew, not amend then. I’ve never renewed so I don’t know how long it takes, sorry!

  31. Mercedes / Jan 30 2013 12:29 pm

    Hi how are you? Thanks for your site hope it will give me some help about a problem in my passport that will expired on 2014. I was a widower now got married to US citizen last Dec. 2011, I am planning to go back to the Philippines this coming March and still in my passport name was using my late husband last name. I and my husband have no idea or didn’t know about the ROM after married here in USA. I have to fly back to the Philippines this coming March, and wondering if do we need to send our ROM, and do i get some any trouble if still my passport or still I did not change my status ye? Worry because my passport and my US Visa have different name. My passport name still was my late husband last/surname. Do i get any problem questioning for this? Hope you give me some and idea about this, thank you!!!

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Mar 8 2013 8:58 pm

      sorry.. I honestly i have no idea.. hope someone can help you! i am not an expert

      • Mercedes / Mar 12 2013 12:39 pm

        Hi! How are you? Thanks for your time. Anyways it is okay now. I wrote to the Philippines Consulate about this, and they advice me that better to apply a new passport. But i filed my ROM first and got my copy now. Then two weeks ago Philippine Consulate was scheduled an Outreach Program here in Phoenix, Arizona, and was filed here for E-passport. Its says will wait for 4-6 weeks, so am still waiting for my new passport now. Again thanks. God Bless!!!

      • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Mar 13 2013 8:16 pm

        Glad it all worked out for you!

  32. ella / Feb 9 2013 2:03 am

    hi.i am divorce for almost 4 years now then i need to renew my philippine passport are they gonna allow me to change my ex husband last name appear to my passport back to my last name when i was single?thanks,it would be awesome when you response..:)

  33. minnie / Feb 11 2013 6:13 pm

    Hi..I am planning to do an ROM too..I have read from the website that I have to fax the form and one set of docs required by the consulate on the designated date ..I just wanna know if I have to fax the notarized paper stating the previous status of our marriage together with the marriage license? I just called the county clerk and they said the certificate and license are the same. Any comment?

  34. wyls / Feb 13 2013 9:28 pm

    How did the consulate contact you to send additional documents?

  35. Judy / Mar 11 2013 12:46 pm

    It is a lot of work! After reading, I’m thinking twice now if I should report my marriage or is it even worth the work. I guess the requirements are the same wherever you are. I’m in Calgary, Alberta…they should make this simple since people abroad are busy at work and going out of their way just to report a marriage is just too much of a task.

  36. kursus perkahwinan / Apr 10 2013 1:24 pm

    you are actually a good webmaster. The website loading speed
    is amazing. It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you’ve done a wonderful
    activity on this matter!

  37. mickey / Apr 16 2013 3:12 am

    what if after the wedding in the Philippine consulate, we didn’t submit our requirements for almost 5 months, what will happen next?

  38. Steve / Apr 17 2013 10:22 am

    Was the self addressed envelope the same size as the one used to send everything? If so, did you fold it in half?

  39. feb241977 / Jun 10 2013 10:27 am

    Can I get this moment for one minute.plaese answer me shortly. I have one question? I am married already I ha e 3kids. But! 13years ago there’s no communication one man from European he want me to getting marriage he is divorced. He want meto getting marriage In pilipino embassy. WHAT WILL I DO? PLEASE ANSWER ME.. THANKS

  40. Yukina / Jul 9 2013 7:27 pm

    Married po aq Pedro Dpa napapalitan ung name sa passport d qoh ba xa pwede gamitin pause ng piNas hanggat Hindi yung married name yung nakalagay

  41. dianne / Jul 29 2013 4:53 pm

    On the Report of Marriage form, did you put your maiden name on the Last Name field or you put your married last name?

  42. Marie / Jul 30 2013 12:12 pm

    hey Steph! thanks for the info you provided, I just wanna ask, what are the papers that Philippine Embassy sent back to you after reporting the marriage? I made the same thing and waiting for feed back. Im struggling now coz I need that dispatch number to get Advisory On Marriage here in NSO and need it urgent for my visa process.. thanks and God Blesss!

  43. Xandra / Aug 26 2013 1:02 pm

    Hi,I cannot find the mailing address on.where to send the report of marriage,do you have the mailing address or do have any idea where I send it? I’m from Texas, and also do I need to natorized all my papers b4 I send? Thanks and god bless you

  44. g-net / Sep 15 2013 9:37 pm

    hi i have a question about the residence of the wtiness, my husband doesnt know where they are now because they were just hubby co-worker before, they were in the same boat (btw hubby is in the us navy) but my husband doesnt have any contact with them so im confused what to put for the witness residence?any idea?thank you

  45. g-net / Sep 15 2013 9:38 pm

    hi i have a question about the residence of the witness, my husband doesn’t know where they are now because they were just hubby co-worker before, they were in the same boat (btw hubby is in the us navy) but my husband doesn’t have any contact with thema nymore so im confused what to put for the witness residence?any idea?thank you

  46. evelyn / Nov 6 2013 4:42 am

    nt to report my marriaHi Steph, i am in philippines this moment and i wage but my question are how can we get the application form and do you know their contact number?

  47. evelyn / Nov 6 2013 4:43 am

    hi steph, i am in philippines this moment and i want to report my marriage but my question are how can we get the application form and do you know their contact number?

  48. Michiko / Dec 11 2013 2:59 am

    I just went to phil. Embassy.. I divorced my 1st husband but i didnt report the marriage because i want to wait for citizenship..but unfortunately, it didnt last so we ended up after so many years i remarried i went to embassy to report it..they didnt sign my report of marriage because they said that philippines didnt recognized divorce that what the guy in the window said to i said, so whats gonna happened now..eventhough, i remarried now..”your not gonna change my passport to my married name” he reply, because the vice consul doesn’t want to sign your application..but i said why again..then he just gave me a cold shoulder…so i asked, if i want to visit my family in the philippines. What can i do?my passport and greencard didnt match..he advise me to get a affidavit of identity with red ribbon and always bring my marriage cert..oh my g! With no choice, i just follow what the guy told me.i hope the immigration will not question me..but the people i talked to inside the embassy said that, a lot of people do this because they dont really help you and give you an exact/logical answer..and one of the woman told me that to wait for my citizenship because there all BS (sorry for the word)…is there anyone here do the same thing as i am?im afraid they hold me at the airport going back in US for this… 😥 FYI the embassy in LA didnt ask for the affidavit of explanation for delayed registration of marriage..its sucks! I paid $80 for that because $20 x 4 copies…

    But im thankful for your blog because it really help me with the documents… Hope to hear if someone did get the affidavit of identity and didnt have any problem in US immigration at the airport…

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Feb 18 2014 12:02 pm

      get a ticket with your passport name, bring your greencard and other supporting documents like marriage/divorce certificate

  49. pinkpumps / Jan 8 2014 3:46 pm

    do you think I can renew my passport with out reporting my marriage…

  50. jiji / Feb 2 2014 2:06 pm

    Hi Steph, got question for you i hope you can help me about report of marriage. My husband and I got married in Kentucky so our marriage record is in Kentucky. Now our residence address is in Texas. My question is “Which jurisdiction do i report my marriage? From (Kentucky) to Washington Dc or from (Texas) to LA? It does matter? Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Feb 18 2014 12:01 pm

      You would base it on where you live 🙂

    • :) / Apr 8 2014 5:45 pm

      the Report of Marriage must be filed with the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which exercises jurisdiction over the PLACE OF MARRIAGE.

      Embassy of the Philippines, Washington DC

      1600 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC
      Tel: 202.467.9300 | Fax: 202.467.9417

      Ambassador: H.E. Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia, Jr.

      Jurisdiction: Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Aguila, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grand Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Saint Kitts & Nevis

  51. Ivy / Feb 19 2014 3:09 pm

    Hi, im desperate for an answer =( How did you know your report of marriage has been reported? Do they mail you back a confirmed letter or something? I have mailed mine feb 9 and it is now feb 19 and I have not heard anything back yet … any advice would be helpful =)

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Feb 20 2014 8:28 am

      I would wait a little more, they will send it back. I didnt get any confirmation from them as well. 🙂

  52. Karen / Mar 6 2014 5:27 am

    Thank you. The process is very stressful. Your blog is such a big help.

  53. maanie / Apr 24 2014 11:34 pm

    Wow very interesting comments I read, I really thought I’m the only one have hard time processing this ROM . I’m sorry to say but the embassy employees ( NY) very poor customer service 😦 very sad they can’t explained to you in a manner way they have to yell at you what a shame !!!! they should help they’re country people, SMH I never encountered that kind of situation here in the USA. I really thought it’s only in Pinas na mahirap mag process ditto din pala .

  54. meshell / May 2 2014 5:48 pm

    Hi Steph,

    My name is Meshell, I am a green card holder ‘Permanet Resident’ last April 2014. I have a few questions about the form of ROM.

    My 1st question is about the civil status but the only option is ‘single, ‘divorce, window/widower. What should I put? Or I just leave blank because no option for a married status.

    My 2nd question is NAME OF SOLEMNIZING/ OFFICIATING OFFICER and TITLE OF SOLEMNIZING/ OFFICIATING OFFICER. I don’t have idea what should a put?

    My 3rd and last question, do you have any idea with this below.

    We/I solemnly swear under penalty of law that the statements made on this report are true and correct, and the attached supporting documents are authentic; and we/I hereby set our hand/s this ___________________day of________________________________at________________________________________________________.

    If you have some idea regarding this, I highly much appreciate your response. Thank you

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / May 14 2014 10:36 am

      1st question- the question is your status prior to marriage… so if you were single put single. unless you are divorced/widowed etc
      2nd question- priest or whoever officiated your wedding
      3rd- i dont really know what your question is, its just an oath that all the facts you stated are true and that your documents are valid

  55. Ada / May 4 2014 12:52 am

    Hello, what kind of document did the PH Consulate send you back? We did receive the same application form with note, “Please Apply for Marriage Certificate from the National Statistics Office 6 months from the Date of Issuance,” a receipt, and our photos were sent back too! Is this normal?

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / May 14 2014 10:34 am

      I don’t think I got that.. I got the form back stamped and my passport with the amendment inside

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: