Skip to content
March 6, 2014 / thegirlwhotooktheleap

Preparing my N-400 Packet

So I have been reading up on the forums and instructions for citizenship (N-400), and here is what I am preparing to include in my packet so far. I have not gotten around to actually doing it yet, but I will do it in the next 3 weeks (I send mine in 4/3/14). Here’s my list:

1. Cover Letter (Optional- But to me it looks more professional, and presentable and the person who opens it knows what the packet should have)

2. G-1145 (So that you can get notifications)

3. Completed, signed N-400 form (21 pages long)

4. Check for $680 (Ugh, I know!) addressed to U.S. Dept of Homeland Security, with A# printed on the back

5. 2 2X2 passport photos (thin, glossy) with name and alien # printed on back

6. Hubby’s BC copy (to prove his citizenship)

7. Copy of Marriage Cert

8. Johnny’s (son) copy of BC

9. 3 years tax return transcript

10. Lease with both our names on it (Not necessary, but proves domicile and that I live with my husband)

11. Copies of my DL and Tim’s DL and Mil ID – (Totally not necessary, but I will add it in anyway).

12. Front and back copy of current 10-year GC (duh.. almost forgot about that!)

Edit.. After consulting with other people who have previously filed, I am thinking of adding in a recent joint account statement. Can’t hurt I guess!

What do you guys think? What’s in your N400 packet?

Because I am a military spouse, I am sending mine to Nebraska through USPS Priority Mail.

Wish me luck!!! I am very nervous!



Leave a Comment
  1. TTL / Mar 6 2014 6:24 pm

    Hi, when did you get in the USA? I believe you are under K1 visa right? Thank you, I just wanna have an idea on when to process mine 🙂

  2. Maria / Apr 11 2014 12:25 am

    Hi there, If I am married for 3 years already but my LPR or GC will be 3 years this August, should I apply now or wait for August? Thank you 🙂

    • thegirlwhotooktheleap / Apr 11 2014 8:09 am

      The soonest you can apply is 90 days before the resident since date of your GC, as long as you have also been married for 3 years and you did not leave the country for over 6 months.

      • Maria / Jun 8 2014 7:37 pm

        Thank you 🙂

        And one more thing that bothers me is that I went home in the Philippines for 2 months of vacation. But like you said, “as long as I did not leave the country for over 6 months” ; guess I should be fine.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: